4. Third party information
4.1 Other individuals’ personal data
4.2 Information collected through third-party links and content
5. Disclosure of your personal data
5.1 We reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties:
• if we are under any legal or regulatory duty to do so; and
• to protect our rights or the safety of us, our personnel, users or others.
5.2 We also use third party service providers as our processors to only hold and use personal data on our behalf in order to provide us with a service. We may also disclose personal data to our professional advisors and experts in order to obtain their assistance in carrying out our services and our activities. We require these parties to keep your personal data confidential and secure and to protect it in accordance with the law. They are only permitted to process your personal data for the lawful purpose for which it has been shared and in accordance with our instructions.
6. Security of your personal data
6.1 Edgi Learning is committed to maintaining the security of your personal data it processes. Edgi Learning maintains appropriate physical, procedural, organizational and technical security measures intended to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your personal data under Edgi Learning’ control. We also limit access to your personal data within our organization and to third parties that need access to your information in provision of service to us. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and are required to protect personal data. If you have reason to believe that your personal data is no longer secure, please firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
6.2 Please be aware that when you transmit information to us or to our service provider over the internet or another telecommunications network this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. For any payments which we take from you or pay to you online we will use a recognized third party online secure payment system, and we are not responsible for the security of this system. You should contact these third parties for information about the security of these internet, telecommunications systems or payment systems if you need further information.
6.3 We cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of data but we take reasonable steps to prevent this from happening. We have put in place measures to protect the security of your personal data and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. Video recordings
7.1 In connection with the Services, we may record audio, video or otherwise capture your and others’ participation in Course activities (“Recordings”). We may share Recordings with our employees and agents as well as students, teachers, parents, and others in our discretion. We use Recordings, among other things, for classroom learning, to provide feedback to teachers, for customer support, and for compliance purposes. We will obtain additional parental consent before we use any Recordings for promotional purposes. We utilize reasonable means to restrict the use of Recordings; however, we cannot control or monitor what such third parties ultimately do with Recordings, and disclaim all responsibility with respect to such uses.
8. Retention of your personal data
8.1 We endeavor to ensure that personal data is kept as current as possible and that irrelevant or excessive data is deleted or made anonymous as soon as reasonably practicable. We generally retain personal data for as long as is required to satisfy the purpose for which it was collected. We are required to keep certain types of information for a specific period of time in order to comply with legal requirements. Some of your personal data may need to be retained because of circumstances such as a legal dispute or regulatory investigation, which would not normally be subject to retention.
9. Updating your personal data
9.1 You are responsible for notifying us of any changes to your personal data that you provide to us.
10.1 Our Website and Service are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or Service. If you are under 13, do not use this Website or Service or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information through any point of contact, we ask to be contacted by email via the contact page and we will delete the information.
11. Additional Notice for California Consumers
11.1 Personal Information Collected on California Consumers in the Last Twelve Months
• Identifiers such as a real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
• Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
• Geolocation data (excluding real time GPS information).
• Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
• Professional or employment-related information.
• Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
• Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
11.2 Our Use of Personal Information for Business Purposes in the Last Twelve Months
• Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
• Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
• Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
• Short-term, transient use, provided the personal information that is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
• Performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
• Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
• Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
11.3 Sharing of Personal Information in the Last Twelve Months
Disclosures of Personal Information on California Consumers for Business Purposes: Within the last twelve months, we have disclosed Personal Information identified in the above categories only (i) for exempt activities, as part of a business-to-business transaction, (ii) at your express request, or (iii) for our business purposes.
12. California Rights and Choices
12.1 Right to Know/Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about Personal Information we collected about you within the past twelve months. Once we confirm your verifiable request, we will disclose to you:
• the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
• the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
• our business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information;
• the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
• the specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
12.2 Right to Opt Out
12.3 Right to Deletion
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we confirm your verifiable request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
• complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
• detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
• debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
• comply with a legal obligation; or
• make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
12.4 Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercise of a California Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you because you exercise any of the above rights, or any other rights under the CCPA. Specifically, if you exercise your Rights, we will not deny you Services, charge you different prices or rates for Services or provide you a different level or quality of Services.
12.5 How to Submit A Request
You may submit a request to exercise the rights listed above by:
• emailing us at email@example.com.
• In your request, please include (1) full name used to create your account; (2) email with which you created your account; (3) phone number in case we need to contact you to securely verify your request; (4) whether you are requesting how your information is used and/or to delete your personal information.
12.6 Verifiable Request
As required under applicable law, we take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request. We may require you to provide information sufficient enough to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
12.7 Agent Authorization and Disability Access
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require additional verification in response to a request even if you choose to use an agent. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
12.8 Right to Opt Out and Right to Opt In
Please note we do not sell Personal Information of California Consumers regardless of your age. If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your Personal Information at any time (the “right to opt out”). We do not sell the Personal Information of consumers we know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt in to Personal Information sales may opt out of future sales at any time.
12.9 Responding to Requests
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days from receipt, and provide information about how we will process the request, our verification process, and when you can anticipate a response to the request. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request within 45 days from receipt. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the same, along with an explanation and anticipated timeline for the extension which shall not exceed 90 days from the date of receipt.
13. Other California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Data which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Location of the Website and Service
14.1 This Website and Service is hosted and operated in the United States. Those who access or use the Website from jurisdictions outside the United States do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law. If you are not a resident of the United States, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your personal information outside your home jurisdiction and that we may store your personal information in the United States or elsewhere.
15. Queries and complaints
15.1 If you have any questions or wish to exercise any of your rights please contact us by email at email@example.com or write to Joshua Shapiro at 180 Elm Street, Suite I #184, Pittsfield, Massachusetts 01201.